(1) Remove the machine from the box. Because the machine is an electrical device we recommend placing it on a counter top out of reach of children, pets and away from water.
(2) Lift the lid of the machine off and remove the upper lid via turning it into the unlock position, you'll then find the food grade silicone insert. Lift up the green silicone insert top and place your botanicals inside of the silicone container.
Note: The machine holds up to 1 ounce of botanicals, depending on density, or 3-5 ounces of concentrated botanicals. Please do not attempt to exceed that amount or “jam” material into the container.
The botanicals do not need to be ground up either. It can be placed in the container as is - stems and all.
The beauty of the machine is that you can decarboxylate a lot of botanicals or just a tiny bit; there's no minimum amount, just don't exceed the maximum amount as mentioned above.
(3) Put the silicone lid back on and using the handle place the upper half of the unit into the lower half of the machine, plug it in and it’s now ready for use.
Once plugged in press the power button and you’ll see the unit read “On”. From there, hit the time button and it will then flash the default time of 1:30. Use the + and – buttons to adjust the time to your desired decarb time.
Note: The time intervals are set for 5 minutes apart and range from 30 mins to 4 hours.
Once you've set the desired time, click the temp button and again use the + and - buttons to set your desired temperature.
Note: The temp intervals are from 160°F (71°C) to 250°F (121°C).
TIP: While in the temp setting, hold the temp button for 3 seconds to switch it between fahrenheit to celsius.
After you've set the time and temperature it will then enter the programmed settings after 3 seconds (it will flash the set temp 3 times and then begin). You'll then see on the display, the screen switches between the set temp and time while in operation.
Note: The temp will increase over the next few minutes at this point displaying the units current temperature until the set temperature is reached, while the time will decrease as the machine works down the set time limit.
At the end of the count down, it will enter an automatic cooling state for 15 minutes with a ‘beep’ sound. The machine stops heating at that point and after 15 minutes will display the “ _ _ _ _” as seen at the beginning.
At this point you can now unplug the machine, remove the lid and enjoy your precisely decarbed botanicals.
Butter & Oil Infusion Instructions
Place the decarboxylated herb in the green silicone cup with the desired amount of oil or butter ( up to 1 cup). Place the silicone cup into the unit ensuring the silicone lid is placed on firmly.
From there, follow the same process as mentioned in the decarboxylation instructions; setting your desired temperature and time. (generally it’s recommended at 160°F (71°C) at 120 minutes for infusion).
Once the machine has finished it will then enter the cool down state again, please allow this to finish as the contents (oil / butter) will be hot. Once finished, pour out your infusion straining out the herb with a cheesecloth, a filter or any other filtering method you desire.
You can decarb both fresh and cured botanicals.
You do not need to grind up the botanicals before use (this is a myth)
This device will decarb your botanicals with a 1 degree accuracy
1. Do not open the machine while the machine is on for two reasons. Firstly, it is hot inside the device and you do not want to get burned. Secondly, opening the cover or moving the unit will interrupt the heating cycle and atmosphere needed for precision decarboxylation.
2. This machine is not a medical device. No statement made about the machine has been evaluated by the food and drug Administration. The machine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
3. This is a 220 volt model. It runs off a 100 watts of power. Please check that you have the correct voltage for your location and do not use it with any adapters or with an incorrect power source.
4. Take precaution when moving the appliance with hot items inside.
5. To help protect against the risk of electrical shock do not put cord, plug, base or any part of the machine in water.
6. ALWAYS UNPLUG THE ELECTRIC CORD from the outlet when the device is not in use. Do not use by or near unsupervised children.
7. Always operate the machine with the LID ON. Do not use the machine for anything other than its intended purpose.