THC Cal-Mag - 1L - Calcium & Magnesium
Calcium and Magnesium are two very important elements for strong plant growth. Calcium and Magnesium are the most abundant minerals in tap water and will influence the water hardness. Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.7. Soft water has an EC of 0.3 and below. Hard water has EC 0.8 and above and has more Ca and Mg than the plant can handle. Best way to treat that is...
THC Cal-Mag - 1L - Calcium & Magnesium
Calcium and Magnesium are two very important elements for strong plant growth. Calcium and Magnesium are the most abundant minerals in tap water and will influence the water hardness. Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.7. Soft water has an EC of 0.3 and below. Hard water has EC 0.8 and above and has more Ca and Mg than the plant can handle. Best way to treat that is with Reverse Osmosis. Calcium deficiency will start with weak stem, dark foliage and slow growth rates.
Once calcium is locked up in plant tissue, it can't translocate to other parts of the plant so deficiency symptoms will show in new growth, usually as yellow / brown spots surrounded by sharp brown edge. Unlike Calcium, Magnesium is a mobile element where in case of deficiency available Magnesium will be transported from lower leaves to newer growth where it is needed most.
Symptoms are yellowing between veins and / or rusty brown spots on older leaves. Magnesium is an essential in chlorophyll - that's what makes the plant green, plays major role in photosynthesis, activating enzymes and transporting sugars whilst calcium plays a crucial role in strengthening the cell wall structure. Calcium helps regulate the flow of water movement in cells and acts as a buffer when excess of other elements are present. A constant supply of calcium is needed for continued health plant growth.
Therefore when THC Cal-Mag supplement is used, roots are able to uptake nutrients more freely, meaning your plants receiving more usable levels of not just calcium and magnesium, but also other important element too. In addition the translocation of nutrients once inside the plant is enhanced.
THC Cal-Mag provides the vital minerals of magnesium and calcium to your plants which helps to strengthen and accelerate their growth. THC Cal-Mag also stops your plants from forming unwanted deficiencies such as yellowing leaves and stunted growth. THC Cal-Mag is a concentrated blend of readily available calcium and magnesium, is fully soluble, won't clog your drip emmiters and can be combined with fertilisers.
THC Cal-Mag optimises your nutrition with two supplements to prevent secondary nutrient deficiencies and builds stronger plant structure. Some plants require high levels of Calcium and Magnesium to thrive and avoid issues with plant growth and production. E.g tomatoes lacking calcium develop blossom end rot or capsicums deficient in magnesium will suffer from yellowing and drooping leaves.
Calcium and Magnesium can also be blocked when pH is too low.
- Hardens soft water
- Increases the level of calcium and magnesium in your plant
- Improves the quality and overall health of your plants
- Prevents and solves mineral deficiencies
- Promotes plant growth
- Helps to raise and stabilize EC levels to correct range
- Improves leaf growth, enhances cell structure, aids plant health
- Improves fruit and flower production by increasing nutrient uptake
- Use 1ml per 1 Litre of nutrient solution or water.
- When growing in coconut substrate or using prepared soil or soilless mixes, pre-buffer your substrate by adding 1ml per Litre of water, adjusting pH to 6.0 to wet the media, and then to nutrient solution for the first three weeks of vegetative phase.
- Continued use may be helpful for fast growing annuals, high Ca and Mg demanding plants or when calcium is in short supply. It is important not to overdose THC Cal-Mag as it may cause negative effects.
- Use 1ml per 1 Litre of nutrient solution in case of deficiency. Maintain pH level between 5.8 and 6.3.