What is backflow incense?
PORCELAIN CLAY BACKFLOW INCENSE BURNER
Just one of our many stunning backflow incense burner designs! Simply fill the burner with your favourite backflow incense cones and watch the stunning waterfall effect as the smoke cascades down the burner.
How does backflow incense work?
What types of burners are available?
One of the best things about backflow incense is the amazing variety in shapes and sizes of burners available. Popular designs include waterfalls and Buddhas, however there is a whole world of possibilities when it comes to backflow incense burner designs. This is where all the fun of backflow incense begins!
At The Hippie House, we stock a range of designs great designs. Browse our collection below to find the perfect one for you.
Backflow Incense Burners
While the outside of the cone burns, smoke is trapped inside where it cools until falling out of the hole, creating the stunning waterfall effect.
How to light Backflow Incense cones
While it may seem confusing at first, lighting your backflow incense cone is a simple process once you know what you are doing. Here’s a rundown of what to do:
- Light the tip of the cone as you would any other incense.
- Extinguish the flame with gentle blowing or fanning.
- The cone should glow red/orange and begin to release a pleasant aroma. If there is no glowing ember, the cone has extinguished and you need to try again.
- Place the cone in your burner.
- Allow about two minutes for the backflow effect to commence.
- Enjoy the stunning visuals!
Caution: the cone and burner can get very hot, so it is advisable to use tongs when handling your equipment.
Disposing of ash
Due to the nature of incense cones, it’s not practical to scoop up the ash from your burner and dispose of without making a mess.
Once you’re done burning, the easiest method is to allow the burner to cool, before bringing your garbage bin to the burner where you can tip the small metal tray that holds the cone into the garbage. This will prevent you from burning your hands or spilling the ash on the floor.
Words of Warning
With a bit of common sense, you’ll be able to use your backflow incense cones with relative ease. However, there are a few things to be aware of when lighting, burning and disposing of backflow incense:
- Always place your burner on heat-resistant surfaces.
- Be careful that hot ashes or embers cannot fall onto flammable items like books or magazines.
- Allow your burner to cool before handling when you complete a burning session.
- Keep out of reach of pets and children.
At The Hippie House, we’re huge fans of all things backflow incense. We stock the best smelling Satya backflow dhoop cones, as well as a huge range of beautiful burners.
Browse our collection to begin your journey into the mesmerising world of backflow incense!
Backflow Incense products
Backflow Incense Cones
Satya are renowned all over the world for their incredible incense fragrances. These dhoop cones are specifically designed for backflow incense burners.
Backflow Incense Burners
Hearts, waterfalls, Buddhas and more - we've got it all when it comes to backflow incense burners.
If you have any questions about backflow incense cones or burners, don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team!Drop us a line