Why do I need a grow tent?
Indoor hydroponic grow tents
Our range of quality grow tents will ensure your grow is secure and environmentally-controlled. Built from quality materials, you can be assured outstanding results from our collection of hydroponic grow tents.
Here are a few reasons why you need a grow tent for your indoor garden:
- Control – grow tents ensure conditions like temperature, light and humidity are at optimal levels. This is a huge advantage over outdoor growing, where the wellbeing of your garden will be subject to changes in weather.
- Energy efficiency – the reflective inner coating of grow tents works to circulate and amplify the rays from your grow light. This means your light will be working more effectively without using as much energy, as well as ensuring all areas of your garden see a healthy amount of light thanks to the reflections of the tent’s inner material.
- Cost saving – as a direct result of higher energy efficiency, you’ll save on costs when growing with a grow tent. By retaining heat, light and humidity, your grow tent will ensure nothing goes to waste, meaning you’ll save on power consumption.
- Odours – grow tents also retain odours to keep your home from smelling like a garden patch. While not a dealbreaker, depending on where you set up your indoor garden, it’s good to know unsavoury odours won’t be leaking from your system throughout the house or onto the street.
What type of grow tent do I need?
- Where will you be growing?
- How many plants will you grow?
- What type of materials will the grow tent be made of?
- Ceiling height - most grow tents range from 180cm to 210cm which can be a tight squeeze in older style Queenslander homes. Make sure your grow tent will fit under your roof before you buy!
Every grower will have different requirements and the answers to these questions will help determine the best grow tent for your needs. As a general rule, the more expensive tents will be made of higher quality components, such as heavy-duty canvas covers and steel frames. Gorilla grow tents manufacture some of the strongest and sturdiest tents out there and are always a great choice with durability in mind.
Gorilla Grow Tents
Gorilla grow tents have a reputation for being the tallest, thickest and strongest tents on the market. There's a good reason everyone in the hydroponic industry is talking about these tents!
Let’s get started!
Once you’ve decided on the perfect grow tent, it’s time to set it up!
To make things as easy as possible, we’ve put together a step-by-step video for setting up a grow tent. Alternatively, if you prefer a good read you can check out our written guide below.
The tent used in the video is a GroCell Zelt Grow Tent (80cm x 80cm x 160cm), however the instructions can be applied to any similar sized tent.
grocell zelt grow tent
You can't go wrong with a GroCELL grow tent. These are some of our most popular tents.
Here's our written guide for those who'd like a step-by-step breakdown!
You'll find these components in the box of your GroCell grow tent:
- 1 x tent cover
- 1 x floor tray
- 8 x corner connectors
- 8 x “1” poles
- 4 x “2” poles
- 4 x “3” poles
- 2 x “4” hanging poles
Step 1: assemble the floor by connecting 4 x “1” poles to the corner connectors. Repeat process for the roof.
Step 2: insert the “2” poles into the corner connectors of the floor. Insert the thin end of the “3” poles into the “2” poles.
Step 3: place the roof on top of the fixture and insert the corner connectors into the “3” poles.
- Step 4: lay down the tent cover and place the fixture in the base.
Step 5: pull the tent cover over the fixture so that the upper back corners fit into place. Wriggle/adjust the corners until the cover is square against the frame. You may find this part easier with a buddy!
Step 6: fit the hanging poles to the roof of the fixture.
Step 7: place the floor tray inside the tent floor and secure Velcro pieces to the fixture.
- Step 8: close all zippers.
Do I need any accessories?
Now that you’ve got your tent sorted, you might want to check out some accessories that can help take your setup to the next level.
- Grow light – it may seem obvious, but your grow light is the most important decision you’ll make when setting up an indoor garden. If you’re unsure where to start, check out our Beginner’s Guide to Vegetable Grow Lights.
- Carbon filter
- Humidity thermometer
Grow Kits and combos
Mars Hydro TS1000 LED Grow Light Kit
Stealth Hydroponic Grow Kit
The Stealth Sufficiency Kit has everything you need to begin your journey to self sufficiency!
Hydroponic Ventilation System - 6 Inch
Get fresh air into your hydroponic garden or indoor grow tent with this easy to assemble hydroponic 6 inch ventilation system. It's complete with an exhaust fan, ducting, clamps and fan hangers.
At The Hippie House, we’re hydroponic experts and can help you every step of the way. If you’d like guidance on choosing the perfect grow tent, setting it up, or anything hydroponic-related, feel free to reach out to our team of indoor growing experts today!
If you have any questions about grow tents, hydroponics or anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team!Drop us a line