What is a Magical Butter machine?
The Magical Butter is a revolutionary machine that makes herbal butters, tinctures, oils, salves, lotions and plenty more. The world’s first countertop botanical extractor, it works to infuse the essence of healthy herbs into butter, oil, grain and more so you can create amazing recipes and botanical infusions at the touch of a button – you can even make your own natural skin care products!
To create your own infusions from home, just place your herbs or botanicals in the machine, add your oils, butter or other materials, set the desired temperature and time and let the Magical Butter do the rest. It’s never been so easy to create your own herbal infusions with such consistency and safety.
The exclusive microprocessor technology ensures regulated, precise cooking temperatures throughout the entire process, allowing you to create your herbal infusions with pin-point accuracy. The Magical Butter combines an immersion blender with a digital thermostat and heating to unit to transform a once confusing and complicated process into a user-friendly and fun experience.
Why do people take tinctures?
A tincture is an extract of plant typically dissolved in alcohol or vinegar. A key component of traditional medicine, tinctures concentrate the medicinal properties of plants, herbs and roots into a liquid that can be easily and safely ingested. Depending on what type of herb or plant you work with, various parts can be used to create your tincture, including bark, berries, roots and dried or fresh leaves. Common tincture plants include chamomile, ginger and cannabis.
Alcohol is typically used because it extracts active ingredients and compounds, like essential oils and resins, that aren’t water soluble. Only small dosages are required when takings tinctures, so the amount of alcohol ingested is negligible – the typical dose is equivalent to that of eating a ripe banana! Other solvents like vegetable glycerine or apple cider vinegar can also be used, although the extract won’t be as potent.
Tinctures are inexpensive to make and can be easily prepared at home. The alcohol or vinegar extracts the active ingredients, allowing you to utilise the natural health benefits of your plants. Tinctures are consumed by placing the extract under your tongue. This allows the tincture to enter the bloodstream in the quickest and most effective way. Use a dropper or small syringe to drip the tincture into your mouth, and hold for a couple of seconds before swallowing.
Benefits of tinctures
For centuries, tinctures have been used in traditional medicine to treat a number of conditions. As such, the benefits of taking tinctures are wide-ranging and varied.
- Drop-by-drop dosing allows you to precisely administer the desired amount. It is much harder to regulate the dosage using other methods like concentrates and baked goods.
- Learning your minimum effective dose (MED) is another advantage of administering tinctures. This allows you to manage your condition with the smallest amount of extract that is effective for you, meaning you save money and lower your tolerance.
- Tinctures are also a discreet way to administer your medicinal herbs because there are no nasty odours that are commonly associated with other methods of ingestion.
- What’s more, if they are stored correctly, your tinctures can be kept for years. Just be sure to keep them in a cool, dark place and capped tightly.
The Tincture recipe For The Magical Butter MAchine
The Magical Butter is the perfect way to safely and easily create your own tinctures at home. You can use the No Heat function on the Magical Butter for plants that don’t require heat for activation, like cannabis, cayenne and elderberry. All you need to do is place your ingredients inside and push two buttons.
- ¼-1 ounce (7-28g) botanicals per cup/240 ml, decarbonised
- 2-5 cups (475-1180ml) Everclear grain alcohol, 151 or 190 proof (or vegetable glycerine)
IMPORTANT CAUTION: MATERIALS ARE HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. Could cause injury. Never use an open flame, natural gas or propane burner, or permit smoking around the cooking process.
Minimum capacity 2 cups (equivalent to 475 ml).
Maximum capacity 5 cups (equivalent to 1180 ml).
• Place the ingredients into your Magical Butter machine and secure the head.
• Press the Temperature button and select No Heat (if your model’s lowest option is 160°F/71°C, use that setting).
• Press the 4 Hours/Tincture or 8 Hours button (eight-hour tincture will have a stronger flavour and deeper intensity).
• After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet and remove the head of the appliance.
• Put on your Love Glove cooking glove and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your Purify Filter Bag into a dark glass container.
Note: Vegetable glycerine tinctures are about 1/3 as potent as an alcohol tincture for the same amount of botanicals.
For best results, it’s best to decarbonise your herbals before beginning the tincture extraction. This is the process that activates compounds found within certain plants like cannabis from exposure to heat. Break up your botanicals by hand (the Magical Butter machine suggests you do not to pre-grind) and place in the oven at about 100°C for 30-45 minutes. Some people like to use a lower heat over a longer period of time to preserve the integrity of the material.
For optimal results we also recommend purchasing the magic butter decarb box which can be found in our store (click the link below if you need one). This easy to use decarb box just ensures the herbs are receiving a more consistent heat which helps optimize the decarb process.
Another handy hint worth mentioning is you can also try adding a few drops of tincture to your cup of hot herbal tea. This is a great way to access the complete spectrum of the health-enhancing properties of your herbs.
Here's a video outlining the tincture RECIPE using the magical butter machine
Don't have money for a magial butter machine - here's an alternative method!
Even if you don’t have the Magical Butter yet, you can still get started straight away by using the same process with a quart mason jar (950 ml) to brew your tincture. Shake the solution every day and separate the botanicals from the solution once complete. This process can take anywhere from one to six weeks depending on the plant. Here is a great video for getting started without the Magical Butter.
Haven't got a Magical Butter And Want One?
We are authorised resellers of the Magical Butter and proudly stock the latest models as well as all the accessories you could ever need! Click below to grab a machine for yourself - we also sell packs like our Magical Butter decarb kit which is perfect for making tinctures!